- About Us
- Digital Media Workshops
- Culinary Workshops
- Student Pitch Sessions
- Community Outreach
The internship program offers college students and those interested in learning the opportunity to develop a working knowledge of and gain experience in the film, education and nonprofit industries. We are seeking people with excellent communication skills who want to learn how these industries work, and contribute to the Mobile Film School's efforts to promote and expand media literacy and film education in rural and underserved communities across the United States.
Fall Semester: September - December
Spring Semester: January - May
Summer Semester: June - August
- Event Management: assist in coordination of people, volunteers, services, planning and scheduling of various promotional events.
- Workshop Development: assist in faculty, staff & student coordination, pre-production organization (equipment, locations, catering, scheduling), curriculum development, press & promotion, processing student applications
- Marketing & Promotion: assist in development & coordination of promotional events, develop promotional materials such as monthly newsletters and press releases, and update and maintain online networking communities.
- Research: performing specific research projects, ranging from workshop communities to film festivals & conferences, via the Internet and other internal resources.
- Office Duties: answering phones, responding to information requests from industry professionals and the general public, and performing routine clerical tasks such as data entry, photocopying and faxing.
- Ability to work 12-20 hours per week (in at least four-hour time blocks) at our office in downtown, east Austin, TX. Applicants not located in the Austin area must acknowledge in their cover letter that they are prepared to reside in the Austin or surrounding areas for the entire duration of the internship. We are unable to provide assistance in obtaining housing or transportation.
- The internship is a volunteer position and is NOT paid.
- Demonstrates professional interest in film, education and nonprofit industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program is preferred but not required. Interns are not required to receive course credit, but may be eligible.
Send a formal cover letter and résumé to Kristina Mann, Internship Coordinator, at:
Mobile Film School
P.O. Box 6158
Austin, TX 78762
Fax: (512) 906-2424
(Please email cover letter and résumé as either a Microsoft Word or an Adobe PDF document.)